Spinnaker Youth Development Fund
What is it?
The fund exists to assist, further develop and support all young (U21) Spinnaker sailors towards sailing at a higher level, whilst raising the profile of the club at the same time
It aims to provide financial support (where needed) to either an individual or a group to participate in events either locally or nationally and progress beyond that currently provided by in house training/competition.
Funds come from voluntary donations from individual club members which are matched from the general Club finances.
What Can You Apply For?
Spinnaker sailors aged under 21 can apply for financial assistance for:
- Specialist coaching and training
- Competition entry fees
- Purchase of specific equipment, and
- Transport and accommodation expenses, for both training and competition
How to Apply
- Discuss your ideas with your Class Captain, Coach/Instructor, or the Youth Development Co-
- Then, either , or get a copy from the office.
- Complete the application form and submit it together with relevant supporting documentation to the Club Office.
How will my application be decided?
Applications will be considered by the sailing committee, who will endeavour to give you a decision within one month, but please don’t leave it until the last moment!
We would remind you that funding is limited by budget and demand, and will be allocated on a case-